Alhaji Chief Rafiu Kolawole Aliu
Alhaji Chief Rafiu Kolawole Aliu was born to the family of Alhaji & Alhaja Aliu Usman in Babanloma, Ifelodun Local Government Area of Kwara State. He is the first child among eight siblings. He is a husband to one wife, Alhaja Amina T. Aliu and a father to four children.
He obtained his first school leaving certificate (FSLC) from Okose Primary school Babanloma in 1983, and the West African Examination Certificate from Community Secondary School, Babanloma in 1988. He also obtained Advance level (A’Level) Interim Joint Matriculation Examination (IJMB) from Kwara State Polytechnic Ilorin in 1991, and Bachelor of Science (B.sc) in Accounting from University of Ilorin in 1996. He bagged Master of Science (M.Sc) degree in Accounting from Imo State University, Owerri in 2012 and has over 22 years of experience in Accounting and Financial Management in the University system.
Alh. Aliu is not left out in the acquisition of professional qualifications, hence membership of the following:
1. Member Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria (ACA) 2019
2. Associate member, Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (ACTI) 2016
3. Member, Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria 2014
4. Fellow, Institute of Corporate Administration (FCAI) 2014
5.Fellow, Certified National Accountant (FCNA) 2017
6. Associate of Chartered Management Accountants (ACMA) 2006.
7. Member, Nigerian Institute of Management (Chartered) (MNIM) 2020
8. Member, Institute of Director Nigeria, (IoD) 2020
To justify his great achievements in learning and professionalism, AlhAliu occupied the following positions:
• Currently Appointed Bursar National Institute for Nigerian Languages (NINLAN) Aba. Abia State
• Bursar, Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo 4th May 2015-3rd May 2021
- Deputy Bursar, Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo-October 2014
- Chief Accountant/Head of Bursary Department Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo-October 2012
- Chief Accountant Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike-October 2012
- Principal Accountant, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike- October 2009 –September 2012.
- Senior Accountant Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike- October 2005 –September 2009
- Accountant I, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike-October 2002- September 2005
- Accountant II, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike-March 1999– September 2002
- Accountant II, National Cereals Research Institute, Badeggi-August 1998–February 1999
More so, he served and still serves as member of several committees/community services, including the following among others:
- Task force on fire protection for university property in 2007
- Secretary, Audit Panel to subsidiaries of MOUAU Nigeria Ltd(University Guest House and farm Management Centre in 2008
- Audit Panel on Garri Processing Unit in 2008.
- Books Exhibition Committee in 2009.
- Task team for the Purchase of Material and Supervision of Power Supply Separation at the Plant House near Alex Ekwueme Building in 2009.
- Task force on construction of diagnostic imaging building for college of veterinary medicine in 2010.
- Committee on TETFUND staff training and development in 2011
- FUNAI University Procurement committee in 2012
- Chairman, Association of Muslim Professionals 2011 till date.
- Financial Secretary, Senior Staff Association of Nigeria Universities (SSANU) MOUAU Branch 2005-2011
- Trustee, Senior Staff Association Of Nigeria Universities (SSANU) MOUAU Branch 2011
- Trustee, AnsarudeenSociety of Nigeria, Abakalilki Branch 2012 till date.
- Vice-President, (South-East) Babanloma Descendants Development Union (B.D.D.U) 2015 till date
- Patron, Forum of Unity and Progress, Alex Ekwueme Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State.
- Patron, Yoruba Community Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.